Contact Number: +91-9860432255
Designation: Senior Consultant
Languages spoken: Hindi,English
- MS (AIIMS), DNB, MNAMS, MRCS (Glasgow),
- M Ch (Orth) Medical School – All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
- New Delhi Post Graduate Programs – All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
- New Delhi Graduate Programs – Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner, Rajasthan
Dr. Subhash Jangid is currently working as Unit Head and Senior Consultant, Orthopaedics&Joint Reconstruction at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon. His primary work comprises of knee, hip and shoulder joints related surgeries including replacement. He has a vast experience of more than 16 years in the field of Orthopaedics. He is now a known faculty in the field of Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement in India. He is been invited as guest faculty in most of the arthroplasty conferences in India. He was the first surgeon in India, who used NAV 3 computer navigation for knee replacement surgery. He is the most experienced joint replacement surgeon in computer navigation technique in Delhi and NCR region. He got his training in computer navigation technique from Austria. This technique gives better results to the patients and the recovery is faster as compared to the conventional technique. Many young surgeons frequently visit him to learn the technique of Computer Navigation.
He also uses the muscle sparing approach (sub-vastus approach) for knee replacement surgery. It helps in quick recovery and patient can walk without support with in few days or weeks after surgery. He also usesligament preserving implant for knee surgery. It leads to rapid rehabilitation and easy stair climbing very early in the post op period.
Dr Subhash Jangid is also trained in Partial knee replacement surgery from Oxford hospital, UK. Many advanced knee osteoarthritic patients have all ligaments intact and the disease is limited to one compartment of the knee. These are the right candidates for partial knee replacement. This implant comes with life-time warranty and the knee actually feels more natural after this surgery. Dr Subhash Jangid is one of the most experienced surgeon in North India in this technique.
He is currently performing approx 500 joint replacement surgeries per year and is actively involved in research and academics with many multinational surgical companies.
- Member of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, UK
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- AO Trauma member
- Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Delhi Orthopaedic Association
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society
- Gurgaon Orthopaedic Society
- Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Association
- International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty
HONOURS AND REWARDS
- Scientific secretary, ISKSAA Global summit 2016
- Course chairman, Complex primary hip arthroplasty, Jodhpur, July 2016
- Faculty for revision knee cadaveric course, Dehradun, Aug 2016
- Scientific content Reviewer for JAJS journal, Arthroplasty section.
- Scientific committee Chairman (Arthroplasty section) for ISKSAA 2014
- Visiting Faculty at Nnamdi Medical University, Nneuwi, Nigeria.
- Best faculty in knee cadaveric workshop (Dehradun, 2014, March)
- NAV 3 Computer navigation was launched for the first time in India, Gurgaon 2013
- Secretary of Gurgaon Orthopaedic Society (2012-2016)
- Organised various CMEs under the banner of Gurgaon Orthopaedic Society
- Chairperson for the Foot trauma session in IFASCON 2013
- Organising secretary of Live knee surgery workshop with navigation (Gurgaon, Octeber 2013)
- Chairperson for the debate session in Hip and Knee symposium, September 2013, Busan, South Korea.
- Best Free paper award in APOA 2012(Golden Jubilee conference of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association)
- Organising Secretary and Faculty of GOS’s First Advanced Symposium on Shoulder, Hip and Wrist Trauma, November 2012, Gurgaon
- Chairperson for the live knee surgery session in ISKSAA 2012
- Co-ordinator for panel discussion on primary knee arthroplasty (ISKSAA 2012)
- Chairperson and co-ordinator for the rheumatology update, Guragon, 2011.
- Course Director and Faculty for Zimmer Course for paramedics, November 2010
- Arthroplasty course organising secretary (J&J). Delhi, 2010 and 2009.
- Course Director and Faculty for Zimmer Arthroplasty Course, October 2009
- Key rolein establishment and management of Bone bank at AIIMS, New Delhi
- Won first prize in the category of case presentation (DOACON 2003)
- Best award for Poster presentation (POSICON 2002)
- Young achievers award by Rajasthan Mitra Parishad (Jodhpur, 2006)
- First prize in the case presentation category: ABC of Talus (Delhi, 2005, DOACON)
- A A Mehta Gold medal for Best Paper on PVP at IOACON (Agra, 2004, December)
- Gold medal for outstanding performance in M S (Orthopaedics) post graduate examination
- All India rank 3rd for PG entrance examination conducted by All India institute of medical sciences, New Delhi (AIIMS)
- Received Gold Medals in PSM, Anatomy and General surgery in MBBS examination.
- State government scholarship awarded twice in years 1990 and 1992
- Merit list holder in Senior secondary school board examination (1992)
- Merit list holder in secondary school board examination (1990)
- Progressive massive osteolysis of humerus. Subhash Jangid, R. Mittal, Vijay Sharma, A.K. Das. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2006 May-Jun;15(3):386-90.
- Freeman – Sheldon Syndrome. Subhash Jangid, S.A. Khan. Indian Paediatrics, July;42(7): 717, 2005.
- Post traumatic elbow stiffness. S. Rastogi, Subhash Jangid. Proceedings of the Fifth Post-Graduate Instructional Course, North Zone, pg. 22-26, 2003.
- Neglected Dislocation of the Elbow…….Who Cares? S.A. Khan, Subhash Jangid.Orthopaedics Today, Vol. V No. 4, Oct – Dec; pg. 204-206, 2003.
- Elbow Stiffness: Magnitude of problem. S. Rastogi, Subhash Jangid.Published in CME of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 2003.
- The Stiff Child V. Sharma, B. Garg, S.A. Khan, Subhash Jangid, P.P. Kotwal, S. Rastogi. Orthopaedics Update, Vol. 5 No. 4, 2004
- Types of bone allografts. S. Bhan, Subhash Jangid. Proceedings ofNational Symposium on Musculoskeletal Allografts – 2004
- Management of Distal Femoral Fractures: “The Cafeteria Approach” Subhash Jangid ,Rajesh Malhotra. Orthopaedics Today, Vol. VI No. 4, Oct – Dec; pg. 250-257, 2004.
Papers and Posters presented to learned societies
- Ectodermal Dysplasia – Problems in treatment. DOACON – 2001 (Annual Conference of Delhi Orthopaedic Association)
- Ectodermal Dysplasia – Poster presentation. POSICON – 2002 (Conference of Paediatric Orthopaedic society of India)
- Gorham’s Disease: Malignant presentation of one case. Case presentation DOACON – 2003 (Annual Conference of Delhi Orthopaedic Association) Won First Prize in the category.
- Evaluation of role of Arthroscopy in the Management of Tibial Plateau Fractures. Free Paper presentation DOACON – 2003 (Annual Conference of Delhi Orthopaedic Association)
- Type of Bone Allografts. Presentated in National Symposium on Musculoskeletal Allografts 2004, New Delhi.
- Aneurysmal Bone Cyst of Talus:The Best Foot Forward. Case presentation DOACON – 2004 (Annual Conference of Delhi Orthopaedic Association)
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty: A Simple Solution to Difficult Problem. Presented in IOACON – 2004 (Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association). Accepted for A.A. Mehta Gold Medal competition for the best paper.
- Synthetic Calcium Phosphate in the treatment of Cystic Bone Lesions: A Preliminary Report. Poster presentation IOACON – 2004 (Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association)
- Component alignment in computer-navigated knee arthroplasty: a prospective, randomized study comparing two navigation systems. Free paper presentation in APOA 2012 (Golden Jubilee conference of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association)
Papers and Posters presented as Faculty
- Faculty for ISKSAA Global Summit 2016. Delhi,November 2016.Delivered 5 lectures on various topics of Joint replacement.
- Getting the offset right every time in hip replacement and Peri-prosthetic fracture: A practical approach. 12th UAICON. Haridwar, India, May 2016
- Asian population specific knee: Need of the hour. Zhengzhou, Henan, China. December 2015
- Basic knee workshop, Kashipur, August 2015
- Live surgery and Knee arthroplasty CME at Dibrugarh. July 2015.
- Faculty for AO advanced trauma course. 2015
- Stryker 9th Asia Pacific Hip & Knee Symposium “Great Expectations 2015”. New Delhi,March 2015
- Scientific committee Chairman and Faculty (Arthroplasty section) for ISKSAA 2014
- Faculty for cadaveric basic knee workshop. March 2014, Himalayan Institute of medical sciences, Dehradun.
- Faculty for knee arthroplasty cadaveric workshop. December 2013, Adesh University & Medical college, Batindha, Punjab.
- Faculty for knee arthroplasty workshop. December 2013, Vapi, Gujrat.
- Organising Secretary for A live knee arthroplasty symposium, November 2013, Gurgaon.
- Faculty in IAACON 2013, November, Jaipur.
- Faculty in Stryker Hip and Knee symposium, September 2013, Busan, South Korea.
- Basic Principles of knee replacement. Basic knee cadaveric course, May 2013, Dehradun
- 5 Steps to perfect TKR. Basic knee cadaveric course, February 2013, Bangalore.
- Total knee replacement: Revisited. Knee workshop, UPORTHOCON 2013, Aligarh
- Infected knee replacement:timely recognition and treatment. Knee workshop, UPORTHOCON 2013, Aligarh
- High Flex knee and Bone conservation. Primary knee workshopISKSAA, February 2013, Delhi.
- Why Knees fail? Knee symposium, ISKSAA, February 2013, Delhi.
- Faculty for APOA 2012 Primary Hip Workshop(Golden Jubilee conference of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association), New Delhi, October 2012
- Faculty for 4th International Knee course, New Delhi Feb. 2012
- Faculty for Knee Course, Coimbatore, October 2011
- Faculty for 3rd International Knee course, New Delhi, Feb. 2011
- Faculty for IOACON Primary TKR Workshop (Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association), Jaipur, Dec 2010
- Faculty for ROSACON, Jodhpur, Jan 2010
- Faculty forCME by European commission for doctors at PHC and CHC (Emergency Orthopaedic Care),March, 2006
- Faculty for Various operating room demonstration sessions, saw bone demonstration sessions and interactive lecture sessions organised at Primus Hospital every three months from 2008 to 2010
- Delivered numerous lectures of academic interest in Gurgaon Orthopaedic Society meets for last four years.